B737 FMS Tutorial — Release Notes
Version 2.9 - March, 2023
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2303 effective March 23, 2023.
- KJFK VOR approaches to runways 4R, 22L.
- Clean labels on the CDU keys.
Version 2.8 - February, 2023
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2302 effective February 23, 2023.
- INIT/REF NAV DATA page now pulls from online database
- Correctly model arrivals with only one leg
Version 2.7 - January, 2023
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2301 effective January 26, 2023.
Version 2.5 - December, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2213 effective December 29, 2022.
- Minor bug fixes
Version 2.4 - December, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2212 effective December 1, 2022.
- Fixed restart/resume button sizing on some iPads.
- RTE page 2+ duplicate route VIA entries are combined correctly
Version 2.3 - November, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2211 effective November 3, 2022.
- Correctly sort departures, arrivals, and approaches
- Maintenance pages
Version 2.2 - October, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2210 effective October 6, 2022.
- Accurate screen - custom 7x9 and 5x7 pixellated fonts
- Minor bug fixes
Version 2.1 - August, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 2209 effective September 8, 2022
- Separate scratchpads for each system: FMC, ACARS, SATLINK, etc.
The MENU page has no scratchpad
- REF NAV DATA page [6R] NAV OPTIONS> prompt now works
- Adding routes after selecting an arrival now works
- SATLINK pages formatted correctly
- People have been prematurely clicking on the X close icon. Now
hidden until explained in the tutorial
- Minor bug fixes
Version 2.0 - July, 2022
- Dramatically better user interface. Scroll back through
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 220714 effective July 14, 2022
- Popup app store rating - once you complete the preflight
tutorial, you have an opportunity to review the app through the
Apple App Store
- Pilots are using the emulator and not the tutorial.
To make it easier to use the app during SIT (systems integration training)
and for checkride prep, the app now always starts out with an up-to-date
At some point in the tutorial, the expired database scenario is
- When the app restarts, a [resume] or [start] choice is presented.
You can now also get a summary of the function keys when this choice
- Many minor bug fixes
Version 1.4 - April, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 220421 effective April 21, 2022
- Scratchpad behavior - in particular, DEL and typing when a message is on the scratchpad
- NAV DATA runway lookup now works, and shows runway length and elevation
- Support Along-Track-Offset waypoints (TAGER/-5)
Version 1.3 - February, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 220224 effective February 24, 2022
- Allow arbitrary US-database fixes and waypoints to be downloaded
- Proper selection of duplicate waypoints
- Editing the LEGS page after HOLD or
<NEXT HOLD results in a simple LEGS page, esp. after
<ERASE or EXEC
Version 1.2 - January, 2022
- Latest aviation database - Cycle 220127 effective January 27, 2022
- Many bug fixes
- The primary focus is on correct handling of arrivals and approaches.
Select an arrival, then select an approach. Selecting the approach does not change the arrival.
Select an approach, then select the arrival. Now the arrival reflects the correct runway.
- Correct approach altitudes (1500 at INESS? nope, 1350)
- Correct linking approach/arrival legs. A VECTORS leg will merge with
an approach with no route discontinuity
- 1R .. 5R on the legs page will now set altitudes. You can specify
an altitude or flight level, and add an 'A' suffix for above, 'B' for below.
Version 1.1 - January, 2022
- Selecting <ERASE or EXEC will
erase or execute RTE DATA specifically, the wind.
- New icon family for all the FMS apps (HT1000, B737, B767)
- Various bug fixes.
Version 1.0 - September, 2021